New Page 2
NSCAA Code of Ethics
The NSCAA Board of Directors approved the following Code of Ethics and Conduct.
It is provided here as a service to the players, coaches and fans of Section V
- Soccer is the players’ game. The paramount concern of coaches is the
holistic development, welfare, enjoyment and safety of their players.
- Coaches bear responsibility for teaching their players to strive for
success while playing fairly, observing the Laws of the Game and the highest
levels of sportsmanship.
- Coaches shall treat officials with respect and dignity, and shall teach
their players to do the same.
- Our opponents are worthy of being treated with respect. Coaches will model
such respect for opponents and expect their players to do likewise.
- In both victory and defeat, the behavior of a coach shall model grace,
dignity and composure.
- Coaches shall adhere to the highest standards and the regulations of the
institutions they represent: clubs, schools, sponsoring organizations and
sports governing bodies.
- Coaches have a responsibility to promote the interests of soccer,
including treating media with courtesy, honesty and respect.
- Coaches shall model inclusive behavior, actively supporting cultural
diversity while opposing all types of discrimination, including, but not
limited to, racism and sexism, at all levels of soccer.
- Coaches are responsible for taking an active role in education about, and
prevention and treatment of, drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse, both in their
own lives and in the lives of their players.
- Coaches shall refrain from all manner of personal abuse and harassment of
others, whether verbal, physical, emotional or sexual, and shall oppose such
abuse and harassment at all levels of soccer.
- Coaches shall respect the declared affiliations of all players, and shall
adhere to all guidelines and regulations on recruiting established by the
governing bodies having oversight of their teams and leagues.
- Coaches shall seek to honor those who uphold the highest standards and
principles of soccer and shall use appropriate protocol to oppose and
eliminate all behavior that brings disrepute to the sport - violence, abuse,
dishonesty, disrespect and violations of the Laws of the Game and rules